Information we collect
We collect the following types of personal information:
When you join Etihad Guest, we willcollect details from you to set up your Etihad Guest account and allow you to start collecting and spending reward points. This willinclude your name, date of birth and contact details (such as your address, email and phone number), details of any linked family accounts, along with other information. We will also ask you to set up a user name and password.
We may invite you to provide additional information about your travel preferences, next of kin, dietary requirements, personal interests and any related reward scheme memberships that you may have. You don't need to provide this information to open an account, but it helps us to provide a more personalized service and makes it quicker to process travel bookings and mileage redemptions.
Earning and Redeeming miles
If you make a qualifying purchase with Etihad Airways or one of our other carefully-chosen network of international and local travel, financial services, leisure and lifestyle partners ("Partners"), or otherwise quote your membership of the Etihad Guest programme, they will provide information to us about the purchase or card activity so we can log it to your account. We do this to ensure you are awarded appropriate miles, help the Partner to validate any benefits you are claiming as well as other service delivery and marketing purposes. If you have an Etihad co-branded credit card, debit card or another financial product, we will also collect and process transactional and activity data associated with such products.
Together with our Partners, we offer you the chance to redeem your miles through our Reward Shop. Where you choose to redeem miles through the Reward Shop, we may ask you for additional information to redeem the benefit. In many cases, we will transfer you to the Partner to complete the relevant transaction. For example, if you choose to redeem miles for a holiday offered by Etihad Holidays, once you have claimed the miles on the Reward Shop, we will put you in touch with Etihad Holidays who will then make arrangements to complete the holiday booking.
Events and promotions
Customer support and online services
If you contact us with a query or comment about any of our services, or would like us to keep you informed about latest news and developments at Etihad Guest, we will need to collect information about you (including your contact details) to help us respond to your query or request. We may do this when you can call our customer support centre, or interact with us through our online support tools.
We may also keep a record of any communications we have with you (including a recording of any calls you make). We do this to help monitor and improve the quality of our customer support services along with other research, marketing and promotional activities. Where you have asked to receive an information update from us, you are free to change your preferences.
Other personal information
We collect personal information about you from many channels about activities like your travels, purchases, and interests to provide compelling services and relevant marketing and promotional offers to you. We may also automatically collect information from your computer and devices, including real-time geo-location information to provide you with relevant services and offers. We may also use variety of technologies, such as cookies, web beacons and other internet and mobile technologies to collect information about you on websites and our mobile app. We may also collect social media information from your interaction with our social media channels.In order to provide you with the most relevant offers and information, we may partner with third party agencies, Partners and group companies to collect additional information about you.
How we use personal information
We will store, process, use and transfer personal information to provide you services and offers, including,but not limited to:
- to fulfil the terms of any agreement we have with you, including to accrue mileage to your Etihad Guest account, validate your tier status and manage your account;
- to allow you to register on the Etihad Guest Websites and administer and personalize any of the online services which you have asked us to provide to you;
- to keep you notified of your account status, including to tell you about any important changes to the Etihad Guest programme;
- to keep you informed about products and services which we and our Partners and group companies offer where we think you will find this valuable;
- to allow you to take part in any contest or other promotional offers;
- to analyse how our users access and navigate the Etihad Guest services and use of Etihad Guest Websites and mobile apps;
- to get feedback on the quality of our services - we may invite you to participate in questionnaires or surveys;
- to help detect and prevent abuse, fraud and criminal activity;
- to help in marketing, promotional, research and analytical purposes;
- to personalize and target content and offers onEtihad Guest Website, mobile app, Partner and group company websites and other websites; and
- for any other purpose notified on the Etihad Guest Website from time to time.
How we share information with others
We work closely with a number of trusted Partners and group companies with whom we share personal information routinely. These include:
- our group companies and affiliates around the world, including other Etihad brands such as Etihad Airways and Etihad Holidays and non-Etihad brands
- Partners, to validate your entitlement to miles and enable redemption of miles;
- Partners, to tell you about special benefits, marketing and promotional offers as well as research and analytics;
- Partners, to deliver Etihad Guest benefits that you have asked them to provide to you, such as priority boarding, upgrades, lounge access;
- Partners, for marketing, promotional, research and analytical purposes;
- banks and payment providers, to authorize and complete payments, detect fraud and misuse, as well as for marketing and promotional purposes;
- service providers who work with us to help provide our services, including local agents who help manage customer needs at airports or operate our limousine service, and contractors who help us run our office operations;
- companies whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties under our agreement with you;
- other agencies, law enforcement or governmental organisations for prevention of crime, fraud, misuse or any other compliance related purposes or
- our contractors and agents to do any of the above on our behalf.
How we protect your information
We invest in industry standard technologies and processes for protecting the security of personal information. For instance,
- We offer the use of secure communication transmission software (known as "secure sockets layer" or "SSL") that encrypts all information you input to our website before it is sent to us. SSL is an industry standard encryption protocol and this ensures that the information is reasonably protected against unauthorised interception;
- We also follow industry standardsecurity procedures in the storage and disclosure of information, which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access to that information; and We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us via email or online.
We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information but cannot guarantee the security of any data you disclose to us via email or online.
More about direct marketing
We are committed to keeping you informed about our and Partner’s products and services in line with your personal preferences. You can change your preferences at any time
Updating your personal profile and preferences
At any time you can update your personal profile, or change your preferences for the way in which you would like usto communicate with you - including how you receive news updates from us, or details of our latest offers.
If you have an online account, the easiest way to do this is by logging into your account and changing your personal details, click here to update profile. You can also click the "unsubscribe" link that you will find on any online newsletters, which you receive, or contact our customer support team by sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing your personal information
Much of the personal information we hold about you is accessible from Etihad Guest Website. In some countries, you have the right to accessthe personal information we hold about you. We may charge a small fee for processing this request. To receive a copy, please write to Etihad Guest, PO Box 35566, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates or email email@example.com. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold about you is incorrect, please contact us so that we can amend our records.
International Transfer of your personal information
You need to be aware that different privacy laws may apply in these countries from any laws that may apply in the country where you are located. By accepting the terms and conditions of the Etihad Guest programme, you are providing us your affirmative consent to transfer your personal data cross border and internationally. We will always strive to adopt the industry standards of information protection, wherever your personal information is located.
Our policy on "cookies"
A cookie is an element of data that a website sends to your browser, which then stores it on your system. Cookies allow us to understand who has seen which pages and advertisements, to determine how frequently particular pages are visited and to determine the most popular areas of our website. Cookies also allow us to make Etihad Guest Websites more user-friendly by, for example, allowing us to take you to the language site of last use, so that we can give you a better experience when you return to our website.